Friday, February 27, 2015

Weekend Splurging? It's OK right?

To give everyone an update...

I'm on Day 12 of my 21 Day Fix Challenge. I'm following the Countdown to Competition meal plan that is included in the program.

As I sit here frustrated that I've only lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks, I'm thinking to myself...4 lbs.. 2 weeks...that's pretty good. You've been working out EVERY day for about 2 years and that hasn't happened before.

Also, I'm thinking that I haven't been hungry AT ALL! It's actually been the opposite and I've been full all day. So is my nutrition more dialed in?

Yes!

ALSO...Have I gone out for my weekly Friday Margarita? Have I purchased my occasional bag of Cherry Sours? Did I end up endulging in Popcorn Friday today at work? Have I stolen a cookie from my son's Oreo bag?

NO!

And I should feel proud of myself for just that alone. Who cares about the scale...I didn't go into this to lose weight...I wanted to see my body change. Well, I guess my willpower is changing as well.

And that's HUGE!!!

This image was posted in our 21 day fix group today. And this is definitely what has been holding me back from making any further changes to my body.

I'm not really wanting to lose weight anymore. But I would like to see muscle definition or see those abs poke out. And the weekend has been my splurge time.

Well not this time. Not last weekend. And not next weekend. I've committed to the challenge. 21 days. I can do this. :)

And I'm not saying I will never have a margarita or candy or popcorn...haha...because that would be CRAZY talk. But what I'm saying is that my cravings have changed...it's really not that hard to say NO. My body is telling me...it's doesn't need that like it used to think it did.

And that makes me happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment