Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Favorite Recipe of the Week - Turkey Chili - 21 Day Fix Extreme APPROVED!

Okay...so I started my 21 Day Fix Extreme journey and the one thing that I was concerned about was...what was I going to eat??  This program is so focused on your nutrition.  Was I going to have to eat salad all day long??  Um...no, not even close.  What I found out is that I need to add protein into my diet.  So this recipe popped out at me in the nutrition guide.  I mean...who doesn't like chili?  I am happy to say that I've now had it twice and I approve and want to share.  This will be added into our rotation even if I'm not doing the challenge.  

How cool is that?  I'm getting healthier, learning new recipes, and finding new things to add into my everyday lifestyle to continue this journey day in and day out.  You'll have to try it out...let me know how you like it. 

Turkey Chili - 21 Day Fix Extreme approved!!

1 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. raw 93% lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (to taste, optional)
2 (15 oz.) cans black beans (or pinto beans), drained, rinsed
1 (15 oz.) can all-natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added
12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic.  Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
3. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
4. Add beans and tomatoes (with liquid).  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low, gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened.
5. Serve warm, sprinkled with cilantro.

Makes 6 servings, 1 cup each


No comments:

Post a Comment