Sunday, February 22, 2015

Butter Nut Squash...it's so good! Who knew?

As you all know, I've been on this 21 Day Fix journey for about a week.  Last week I learned that I may not need dressing on my salads and actually enjoyed them without it.

This week, as I was prepping my food today...I decided to try a Butternut Squash stew.  My online accountability group raved about this last week and so I thought I would add it to my meal plan for this week.  I will have a blog post with that recipe here soon! :)

I had plenty of extra squash, so I looked up a recipe to cook the extra and have a a veggie snack during the week.  Wow...I am so excited.  It's so good, healthy for me and easy to do.  So I thought I would share it with all of you.


Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
Yield: 4 (1 cup) servings
You Will Need
  • 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 pounds or 8 cups, cubed)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Dash cayenne, optional
Directions
Prepare Squash: Heat oven to 425º F and line two large baking sheets with aluminum foil.
  1. Toss squash cubes with olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and the cayenne until well coated. Tumble coated squash onto baking sheets and spread into one layer. Try not to crowd them too much or else they will not brown. Remember...I had already used some in my stew...so you will probably need 2 sheets if you are using an entire squash. 
  1. Roast Squash: Roast squash, turning once and rotating pans once, until edges are lightly browned and centers are tender; 40 to 45 minutes. (Since ovens can often run hotter than you have heated them to, check the squash every so often to make sure they are not roasting quicker than expected).

No comments:

Post a Comment