Sunday, August 28, 2016

Running a Marathon and the Ultimate Reset? Are they the same?

How can a marathon and the Ultimate Reset be close to the same thing?

In my mind...yes, they are.  Runners train and train to get prepared for the marathon.  Then the day of the marathon...the physical skill will get them through the race...but more importantly...the mental game is where they really have to push through to succeed. When their legs are tired, feet are blistered, and their clothes give them a rash...they must push through.

But all those aches and pains just go out the window when they see that Finish Line, receive that finisher medal and begin sharing with others that they completed something that they've been training for all this time.

A sense of accomplishment comes over them.  A feeling of being proud of themselves overpowers them.  And what's funny...they typically want to run another race and start training soon after.

So it's Sunday night...Phase 2 is officially over and I've completed the first day of Phase 3.
Basically, I've ran a little more than a half marathon.  I've made it past that 13 mile mark.
Has it all been easy? No.  But has it all been hard? No way.

I've enjoyed all of the food, flavors...and the best part...the portion sizes I have been allowed to consume. The food is so colorful...does that make it taste better? I'm beginning to believe that it does.  That has been the easy part.  I actually want to eat the food.

And feeling and seeing results from all my hard work...that for sure makes me want to keep going. Inches and pounds have literally fallen off of me.  It's just been 2 weeks.  Easy right?

Nope..not all easy...last week was the Release Week. The Detox drink...was supposed to be taken 3 times a day...for all 7 days.  That took some mental toughness to do.  I'm not going to lie.  My feet may not have been blistered, and my legs may not have been hurting...but I needed to push through to consume each and every one of them. They were helping my results happen.  They were an integral part of the plan.  I was not going to be halfway through this marathon and just quit.  I signed up for the race...I'm going to complete it.

As much as I didn't like the Detox drink...I actually got pretty used to it and it wasn't that bad. (I'm probably making it sound worse than it was.) But the Power Greens...I'm still struggling with those. I deserve a Gold Medal for drinking those every day.  Haha!

So...now it's Week 3.  The Restore Week.  The final stretch. I can see the finish line.  No way, will I cheat now or give up on this journey.  This is the time to pick up my speed and head in strong to the finish.  New foods at the grocery store once again.  New recipes to try.  New flavor experiences for my taste buds to encounter.  I WILL complete this.

And it will be the first time EVER that I've completed anything from start to finish with NO CHEATS, NO MISSES, NO SPLURGES.

Will I want to celebrate? Yes.
Will I want to share my results? Yes.
Will I want to share with others? You're darn right!

I feel too amazing and have such great results that I would not be doing my humanly duty to tell you about this.
It's been life changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment