Sunday, February 26, 2017

I Wanted More...But I Got More Than I Expected!

I was asked to share "My Story" the other day to a group of people that may be interested in becoming a Beachbody Coach. So when I did some thinking about WHY and WHAT I was going to share with everyone...I decided to make a video to share with them.  If you have time...watch the video below. :)


If you're more of a reader...part of my WHY starts back when I was in high school and college. I had always been part of a team.  I had always been a leader on those teams.  I had always enjoyed the sense of 'team' and 'friendship' that comes from being part of a something like that.  The recognition. The experiences.  The competitiveness.  It's what fueled my fire each day.

So when I noticed some of the ladies at the YMCA that I was working out at each week...acting like a team, having a bond that seemed deeper than a normal friendship...I wanted to know more.  I wanted that feeling.  I wanted those experiences that I kept seeing on their news feed when I scrolled by.

 As an adult, raising kids is a joyous thing.  You live your life through your kids and nothing made me happier than seeing both of my kids succeed on the volleyball court or on the marching band field.  BUT...and yes...it's a big BUT...I felt like that was a piece of me that as missing.  I NEEDED and CRAVED the competitiveness.  The recognition. The friendship. The experiences.

So I asked my friend Lindsay...what do you guys do? What is this coaching thing you do? I'm not sure I can do it...but I sure want what you guys are doing.

We talked...and initially I said NO.  I thought I had to be super in shape.  I thought I may have to be a nutrition expert...and haha...I didn't know much more than counting calories and consuming less than what I was burning each day. So I wasn't sure it was for me.  So...nope.  Not yet.

But that wasn't all I wanted.  I wanted more financially as well.  College was coming up.  First cars, insurance rates increasing due to teenage drivers, vacations for 4, and life in general seemed to be getting more expensive.

As a 1st grade teacher...my salary was only going to be able to provide so much.  There wasn't really anything else I could do to provide more for my family. Maybe I could be a principal? Heck no...that's not at all what I wanted to do.  So again, I reached out to my friend Lindsay again. I kept hearing about how she was earning money for sharing with others what was working for her.  She was working out at home, following a meal plan that was provided with the workouts, enjoying what she said was a yummy shake...and helping others do the same.  That's it.  And making money.

Plus she was having all that fun that I mentioned before.  Friends, experiences, team like culture, recognition, etc.  I mean...this time...I wanted to know all the details.  So we chatted AGAIN!

And finally when she told me that there was potential for me to earn income for all the things I was wanting to do with my family...just by doing what I already did...working out, trying to eat healthy, sharing tips with others...and genuinely caring about others...I took the leap.  I said...SURE...sign me up.  Not knowing what the heck I was doing.

 And wow...did I get more than I was expecting.  I got a 2nd family.  I got friends for life.  And I have had so many experiences that will forever be in my memory...that I don't know what I would do if I
wasn't part of this whole "coaching" thing.

These "coaches"...were there for me during my weight loss journey.  They were there for me during a very tough divorce.  They were there for me when I became a fitness instructor.

Basically they were and still are...always there for me.  It's not just about working out.  It's not just about weight loss.  It's about life.  And coaching has literally changed my life.  I truly can say that I will be a coach for LIFE.  There's nothing like being surrounded by positive and like minded people.  And remember...earning an income for sharing that with others???  Why the heck would you not want part of this???

Does this sound like something you'd like to do? Join my team!  Let's get you started.


No comments:

Post a Comment