Wednesday, May 11, 2016

IN I MUST GO - My Story - Part 2 - My Body

My Story continues...

Last week I talked about how the crazy D-word has taken a pretty good toll on my emotions.  They have been up and down and up and down...for what seems like forever.



And as you can imagine...my body was on that roller coaster as well.  When things were good...my body felt good. When things were literally in the toilet...my body felt like it was in the toilet as well.

I had lost about 45 lbs over the course of 3-4 years and held steady around 140-143 lbs for roughly 2 years.

Well, DIVORCE...it's an ugly thing.  Tears families apart, tears hearts apart, takes willpower that you had acquired and maintained for years...and tosses it out the window.

Throughout the process, I lost my willpower and ate just about anything I wanted.  And consumed way more adult beverages than what I should have.  But I was having fun with friends right? I was keeping myself busy right? That's what everyone kept telling me to do.  Have fun, you deserve it! Well...yes.  Initially, it was fun! But at the age of 34...extra calories, late night snacking, and not as much exercise...that packs on some pounds faster than you can imagine.

So I got mad...and said "That's enough".  This thing wasn't going to get the best of me.  So I committed to completing the Hammer and Chisel program. My Beachbody coaching team and I led an amazing group of challengers and I acted like a challenger instead of a coach.  Because honestly, coaches are challengers...and we just want to help others along the journey.  So anyway...I was mad. I got up early.  I busted my tail.  I didn't lose much weight because I was gaining muscle, but my body changed and I was feeling better.


You'd think that was the end right...my body was feeling good again and all is well???  Haha!
Nope. Dating, second guessing your divorce, stress at work, and freaking BIRTH CONTROL...they all get you back off track. I hate being a female and just because I take a pill everyday...I am now 5-7 lbs heavier with nothing changing in my lifestyle. BLAH BLAH BLAH!

Maintaining a healthy weight is just as hard as losing the weight.  So currently...I'm back to needing to make some changes. You may think...why are you so hard on yourself? You look great! You're already skinny...why are you stressing?  Well...for me...my clothes don't fit like they used to. I don't "feel" like I used to. I don't eat as healthy as I used to...and I can totally tell in my daily mood.

Monday...Monday the 16th...I'm getting back on track.  My team is hosting the group for Insanity Max 30 or CIZE and I love both programs.  Enough of the downhill side of the roller coaster.  It's time to climb again. (If you want to join me...it's not too late. Find me on Facebook or email me at kmhendershot32@gmail.com)



I'm stronger than this.  I've been up and I've been down.  But what I'm most proud of is that I've stayed on the ride.  And by staying on the ride...I'm ready for the next climb.  I refuse to stay down. It's time to feel the wind...scream a little...and enjoy the thrill of seeing what the rest of this ride has in store for me.



My body will love me for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment