Sunday, December 20, 2015

Hammer and Chisel Week 2 Review

Week 2...I can't believe how fast the time has gone by.  I have truly looked forward to the workouts each and every day.  

I can honestly say that I feel completely rejuvenated in my workouts.  I was definitely getting bored.  Don't get me wrong...I still LOVE teaching PiYo and Insanity...but I needed a goal, a challenge, an extra push. So Hammer and Chisel came at the perfect time for me.  I also like starting a new fitness routine during the holidays because it is that extra accountability I need to stay on track with all the holiday eating.

So...after week 1 I felt AMAZING!  I was not nearly as sore as I expected to be and I attribute that to the Beachbody Performance Line.  I am literally singing its praises because it works. Each night by the time I went to bed I could tell that my body was going to be super sore.  But by the time I woke up in the morning the soreness partially subsided and I was able to go and crush my workout.  I use the Beachbody Performance Post workout Recovery followed by my Shakeology for breakfast, then at night I have been using the Recharge formula and that is what helps me not feel nearly as sore the next day.  I know that if it wasn't for this routine my outcome might be very different.  

I have also really followed the nutrition plan to the T. I allowed myself 1 cheat meal on the weekend and it was for a staff Christmas gathering.   The definition of a cheat meal for me is this:  Not restricting yourself for 1 meal, NOT an entire day!  It's also having what you want with proper portion control and not skipping your workout that day.  So when we went out to dinner at P.F. Changs which is so yummy...but so full of sodium. I looked ahead of time at the menu.  I did my research on calories and sodium etc.  I did have a couple adult beverages, but I bypassed on the rice or noodles that comes with every entree.  I felt accomplished and on track plus there were no feelings of guilt. I have eaten very clean for 2 weeks straight, no splurges, no sweets, no alcohol.  And my results are showing my dedication to the meal plan and the workouts.  




If you want to see more workout videos hit up my like page at www.facebook.com/karenhendershotinspire or follow me at www.facebook.com/karen.hendershot.73 I do my best to post at least 3-4 videos per week.


The workouts are challenging yet they are very doable.  

The one thing I really love about this program is that it changes every day.  It is not always the same workout and each week is a challenge.  Day 13 is the first time that I actually repeated a workout.  To me, the variety is motivating me to keep going.  I'm not anywhere close to being bored anymore. 

Here are a couple sample videos of 2 of the workouts that I completed this week.





If you are interested in doing the Hammer and Chisel Workout Program, please let me know. I am currently working with others to get our January 4th Hammer and Chisel Challenge Group ready to go.   Make sure that you link up with me if you do not have a coach.  A coach is someone just like me that can help you with the workout program, with staying accountable, on track and focused on the results that you want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment