Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The scale! Is it really important?


So I haven't put a blog post out in awhile and that's due to many reasons.  Can it really be from a number on a scale?  Is that why I decided to make a post today of all days?  Am I obsessed with the number?

The real answer is NO!  I normally go by how I look, how I feel, how my clothes fit.  But today...it's a YES!  What does the number 150 represent?  

1. It represents the highest number I've seen on the scale in over 2 years.
2. It represents the slow climb that number has been doing over the past few months.
3. It represents an "unhappy" me that has been going through some serious life struggles.
4. It represents a person that has lost all willpower when it comes to splurging.
5. It represents someone that posts healthy stuff all the time, but eats candy and cookies.
6. It represents pants that don't fit comfortable anymore.
7. It represents how stress can cause weight gain.
8. It represents how this journey in health and fitness is tough for everyone.
9. It represents the miserable times I've been living on the inside lately.
10.  That number...represents someone I don't like....someone that 's not who I want to be.

So today...yes...it's about the number. 

What's my first plan of attack...get my eating under control.  The 3 Day Refresh is just what I need to kickstart this plan.  So Day 1 is today.  I have my food prepped and ready to help me be successful over the 3 days. 


 After the 3 days...what next?

I will be starting and leading a PiYo Challenge group.  And I can't be more excited to get that going.  I NEED it so badly.  When life gets you down, when you feel like you're all alone, when you feel like everything you're doing is just messing everything up for you...

I'm turning to what makes me happy and what I know works.  I'm going to focus on working out each day, following a meal plan, checking in with my challengers and coaching them...but quite honestly...acting like a challenger myself.  Focusing on making ME a better ME...is just what I need.

I may be known as the fitness freak, the exercise obsessed, the twigs and berries girl, the workout lady...but I sure haven't been acting like it lately. 

It's AMAZING what relationship struggles, stress, vacations, holidays, and overall lack of willpower and a "I don't care" attitude can do to the mind, body, and spirit. 

So yes...that number on the scale...it IS important to me TODAY.
TODAY marks a new beginning for me. 
I need to get my own life in check.  Focus on what my body needs...and the rest...well I'm not sure about the rest...

But what I do know is that I will post a different number on the scale in a month or so...and what I do know...is that my post will have a much happier and more confident tone to it. Is it because the number will be smaller? No...but it's because I'm going to be doing what I know I like, what I know makes me happy, and I will FEEL that much better about myself.  That's why my tone will be different. 

Anyone else relate to this at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment